Sunday, June 29, 2008

Eat More Slowly. Watch Portion Size. Stop Screwing Around and Pack the Car

Words to live by, kind of.

I have been paying BIG attention to what I've been eating the last couple of days, and on my biggest food issue, mindlessly quickly shoving food into my mouth, not even realizing what I've eaten. And I've been rewarded a little; my weight is the lowest that it's been in a while. Let's see what it is tomorrow when I post stats...

The hardest thing for me, in a lot of ways, is to be mindful about food. I'll spend hours prepping food, and then I'll shove it all into my mouth in 10 minutes. That's not the way it's supposed to be, and I think that long-term weight control must involve retraining myself about this particular thing. It is really not easy.

Tomorrow we start on a two-day drive to Maine, where we'll spend some unknown amount of time, depending on how comfortable Michael is there. Originally we'd thought that Mom would come up, that all the family would be there. Seems beyond unlikely at the moment. So we will have this little bit of time there... it's the first time I've been to my family home in probably five years, maybe more... since I realized that there was no point to going somewhere that only made me unhappy. But that was a different time, a different set of circumstances, a different marriage. I'm hoping that this will be better.

I'm also hoping that I can make sensible food choices both on the way and when we get there. Weight is going well this week, and I don't want to screw it up for the sake of travel. It's just not worth it.

2 comments:

Vikki said...

Have fun on your trip, be cared and may the whoosh fairy follow you on your trip. Very sorry about your mom, mines having heart issues right now too. I'll keep y'all in my prayers.
Hugs,
Vikki

Nina said...

Thanks, Vicki. All prayers greatly appreciated, and I'll be thinking good thoughts for your mom, too.