Friday, February 8, 2008

Frustration

Ok, my weight is up again this morning. Not a lot, just the same pound that goes back and forth and nowhere. It is hard to argue whether or not I am really losing weight. Since the beginning of the year, I have lost nearly 12 lbs. 12 lbs. in 5 weeks is not bad, although it's not staggering, either. But (1), and this part is stupid.... 10 of those lbs. were weight that I'd put on over Christmas so I think it shouldn't count. If you go back to my pre-Christmas weight, it's the same. And (2), after those 10 lbs came off, nothing much has happened.

Michael is kind of the same. He gained a little weight into January with the cold from hell, but if you go to his highest weight this year, he's lost about 16 lbs. Again... not bad overall, but slooooow at this point.

I feel better. I look better. I am not losing weight, or not losing weight fast. And I'm confused. Yeah, the nobrainer is that I need to get more exercise, and so, somehow, does M. But... more carbs less carbs more calories less calories what the hell? I am eating pretty routinely 20-30 net carbs. Michael a bit more as far as I know.... maybe another 20. Calories... 1800-ish. And maybe this is just too much. But it shouldn't be, shouldn't be at my weight, shouldn't be at his either, certainly.

I need a plan. I think that part 1 is to really go back and read ProteinPower all the way through.




No comments: