Saturday, July 10, 2010

Saturday

Yesterday was another busy day, and a terrible food day… I was off for most of the day with my knitting friends, came back to find Michael in a foul mood, long story short, didn't get to thinking about dinner until about 9, so we went to Applebees, ate far too much food, drank yummy lemon drop martinis (me, not him), and generally had a nice time… and then of course, I came home and felt like death.

And so of course, this morning, I'm thinking and trying to figure out how to get back on track and STAY that way. Plus there's the endless problem of diet and Michael… and I'm not talking about the constant weight gain he's experiencing now so much as the problem of porphyria and what might have an influence on it. In the porphyria group that I've been reading a lot of lately, there's a lot of discussion about eliminating anything that's processed plus wheat and so forth. And anything synthesized, like vitamins and drugs. I'm not so sure that a lot of that is possible… and I'm hoping that if we can ever try the heme therapy, this all may not be go necessary… but it would be interesting to see what kind of an effect eliminating all of this, plus all spicy food and so on, would have. If he could tolerate the boredom, which is the biggest issue, I think. It's particularly hard for him to eliminate wheat, just in terms of it getting rid of so many of the things that he likes (and are good carb sources, too). But I've long said that he's wheat-intolerant. I just didn't know why.

I don't know. I'm buried in work, and everything seems to require a kind of attention that I can't work up. I'm tired all the time. I'm way, way too fat. I'm out of shape, more than I've been in a long time, and my hip is mostly bothering me again. The house is a danger zone, pretty much. And where do I go from here?

I think for today, I'd be happy if I just got my book reviews written and a little cleaning done, and the plants that I haven't planted actually in the ground. That would be kind of a lot. And eat reasonably. And write it down.


 

No comments: